What happens on April 1, 2013 when Foothills Community Church assumes programming for the Center along with other community partners?
Foothills staff will continue to provide essential services in an effort to provide seamless support to the Senior community.
Why is a church like Foothills assuming the organizational responsibilities for the Senior Center?
No other organization was willing or capable at this time to step up and take over management of these essential services. Foothills is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) which means donations to the Senior Center are tax deductible to the extent that the I.R.S. allows. Foothills also has the required $5 million dollar insurance policy required to keep the Senor Center open.
Can I volunteer my time?
Yes! There is already a great team of volunteers in place, but we would love to invite more people to help out! If you are interested in being a part of this growing army of people who make a difference in the life of Seniors, please contact our office.
Why is the annual budget for the Senior Center lower than the City’s annual budget?
Foothills will not be under the same financial burden as the City of Molalla. The City is required to pay into PERS (Oregon’s Public Employees Retirement System) as well provide medical coverage, vacation and severance pay.
How does Foothills plan on funding the $161,000 budget?
Funding will still be provided in part by County* and State Government through June 30, 2013 to support a portion of the services that directly benefit Seniors. Administrative costs and taxes are not funded by government programs. The following is an assessment of potential funding:
- Projected revenue from Clackamas County
(based on direct services provided on a per person basis) $81,775*
- Projected revenue from the State of Oregon
(based on direct services provided on a per person basis) $18,500
- Additional Funds Needed (donations from individuals,
businesses, other non-profits and churches) $60,725
*Based on winning the RFP (Request for Process) contract with Clackamas County
How Can I provide my financial support?
All donations made to Foothills Community Church on behalf of the Molalla Senior Center will be placed in a separate account for the benefit of Molalla Senior Center only. No funds will be used to support Foothills Community Church.
- Give Online! – Secure online giving is available to make one-time, monthly, or annual contributions with an e-check, debit or credit card.**
** Card vs. Check
- Question: What is the difference between giving electronically by check versus using a debit or credit card?
Answer: We welcome both electronic check and credit or debit card contributions. However, when you give by credit/debit card The contribution will be reducted by a percentage of your contriibution to be paid to the credit card processing company. If you make your contribution by electronic check, the cost is fixed and just pennies per transaction. The Senior Center will benefit most from your contribution when you give by electronic check.
- Checks made payable to Foothills Community Church with a memo stating “Molalla Senior Center”
- Mail checks to Foothills Community Church, PO Box 797, Molalla, OR 97038
- Drop off a check at:
- Foothills Office: 215 E. Main Street, Molalla, OR 97038
- Molalla Senior Center: 315 Kennel Street, Molalla, OR 97038